I LOVE Valentine’s Day. No pun intended. One fun fact about me is Ben and I have never spent a real Valentine’s Day together. Once when we were in high school, but it was during… More
In the spirit of it being the month of one of my favorite holidays, Valentine’s Day, I have decided to formulate February’s content around love. Self-love, relationships, products I love, etc.
That being said I’m kicking off the month with my January favorites to show y’all everything I loved this past month!
- Winter Beauty Favorites – All of my January beauty favorites are essentially covered in this post.
- Fenty Beauty Universal Gloss – I’ve been on such a lipgloss kick. I guess since I work a desk job it just stays on longer than usual? I don’t have to worry about the wind blowing my hair into it! Anyways love this universal shade, and it will look even better headed into the summer months.
- Lululemon Define Jacket – I actually found mine on sale, but I’ve linked similar ones. They have so many amazing colors in store right now! My favorite is the color Quicksand. This jacket is the perfect weight, great for running aorund and is super flattering. I have even started my workouts in it to warm up my muscles. I can’t say enough about it.
- Loft Wrap Sweater – This is on major sale right now and, again, I can’t say enough about it. We had a few cold weeks here in Texas last month, and the cold CANNOT penetrate this sweater! I didn’t even need a jacket with it. Plus it looks adorable layered over camis. AND it’s on major sale right now.
- Monogram Necklace – Ben got me this necklace with my future initials on it for Christmas, and I love how dainty it is! Plus I wear a lot of rose gold so it already goes with a lot of my pieces. Rose gold is out of stock right now, but gp;d and silver are still available!
- Jalepenos – I realize this is not particularly relevant, but I am obsessed with jalepenos right now! Idk why!! I put them on my salads at work with Italian dressing and it makes me actually crave salad. Who knew?!
- Starbucks order – I’ve been trying to make smarter swaps this year with the wedding approaching, and I’m so excited about my new Starbucks order! Instead of my usual Bacon Gouda breakfast sandwich, 370 cals… I’ve either been ordering the Sous Vide Egg White Bite, 170 cals + pure protein, or the Classic Oatmeal, 160 cals. I never even liked oatmeal, and I think both are amazing!
- In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware – This is the book I read this month and I loved it! I previously read The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware, but personally loved this one much more! If you’re like me and like thrillers this one is worth a read,
- Riverdale – Recommended to me by some friends and they weren’t wrong. Ben and I got hooked on this on Netflix last month!
- Oscar Movie Noms – I have become the biggest movie buff! Probably because my weekends are no longer consumed by homework… This year I’ve seen quite a few of the Oscar noms. My picks are: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, The Shape of Water and Get Out.
That’s all the favorites I have this month! January was cold and right after Christmas so shopping was kept to a minimum. Let me know if you had any favorites this month in the comments below! -xoxo
Self-doubt is something I struggle with every. day.
It wasn’t until recently that I discovered negative thoughts in turn produce negative outcomes. I read somewhere recently that in a world where everyone can be against you, why would you want to be against yourself? That really resonanted with me. And you know what? Most of the time I’m my own worst enemy anyway!
Several factors contributed to me realizing positivity needs to be the driving force in my life. One being that I needed to talk to someone about how I was feeling. For me those people were my fiancé and my mom, and opening up to them about my greatest fears and worries helped tremendously. Just getting those thoughts out helped to calm me down and realize I was being irrational, but still had the support of my family.
Another factor was journaling. If I had a hard time talking about my thoughts to someone, I open a journal and get it all out. I usually do this before bed because it lets my mind have some sort of release and allows me to relax.
Getting off of social media helps when I feel the self-doubt creeping in. I follow lots of influencers with huge followings, and sometimes it just makes me feel like I can’t stack up. Social media should never be a measure of your worth. When I get off social and preoccupy myself with other activities, I realize what my triggers are.
Lastly, just staying optomistic is what has been helping my self-doubt so much recently. I know that’s easier said than done believe me. But listening to a motivational podcast or worship music, or even watching an inspiring YouTube video has the power to pull me out of a funk.
This year, let’s aim to crush our self doubt and instead focus on our wins!
Do you struggle with self-doubt? What helps you get out of a funk? -xoxo
With the promise of bringing you more beauty and goal-setting content than ever this month, I give you my last beauty blog post of January!
Today I’m going to be reviewing te Foreo Luna facial-cleansing device. I have pined after this gadget for months and finally received it for Christmas. Without making this more drawn out than it needs to be, let me first tell you why I’m loving it.
- It’s made out of silicone. AKA can’t grow bacteria like other facial cleansing brushes can.
- You don’t have to replace brush heads every two months.
- It’s charge lasts FOREVER. I haven’t charged it since Christmas.
- It has a couple different speeds and different sized silicone nubs on the front and back.
The main reason I wanted to try this product was because of how clean it is. I hated replacing Clarisonic brush heads and was slightly grossed out when I discovered how much bacteria they hold.
THAT BEING SAID, does it make my skin feel as clean as the Clarisonic? Not sure. I wanted to try it for a few weeks before writing a review too make sure nothing changed, but tbh I haven’t noticed a huge difference.
I do find it hard to finnesse when cleaning my nose. It just doesn’t get in lines and crevices the way a brush does. And I believe you cannot use an exfoliating cleanser with this device, as the beads will get stuck in between the silicone nubs. (Not an issue for me and my Cetaphil cleanser, but worth noting).
I will say, after my first use, I noticed my skin was incredibly soft and smooth (Ben has one too and said the same). And I haven’t noticed any major breakouts since I’ve been using it!
I will always continue to use a facial cleansing device to get off excess makeup and this does just that (with the added perks of a super long battery life, bacteria-resistant bristles and no more replacing brush heads!)
All that being said, I do highly recommend the Foreo Luna facial-cleansing device! Do you use a facial-cleansing device? I’d love to hear your recommendations! -xoxo
A new year usually brings the need to get organized and declutter your life.
Because I have moved so much in the past year, it has been easy for me to get rid of things as I move to the next place. But now that I’m living at home, I am overwhelmed by the amount of clutter I have! And what’s even more daunting is it requires going through childhood belongings and old clothes from high school.
This entire month I’ve been making it a priority to get organized and minimize my “stuff.” Here are some ways I’ve been taking baby steps to gaining control over my organization!
- Donate, don’t sell – I used to get so caught up in taking clothes around town to Plato’s and consignment shops because, I spend a lot on my clothes I need to get something back right?! Well first of all, this makes the process takes 3x longer than it needs to, and second of all, I never get compensated for what my clothes are probably worth anyways. So now I just don’t care! (If you find a lot of success with this then by all means go for it! I just personally haven’t.)
- If it hasn’t been used in 1 year, let it go – Currently struggling with this especially when it comes to my closet because my wardrobe has completley changed. Going from wearing nikes + t-shirts everyday to dresses and slacks is a dramatic shift for your closet! Of course keep some things you want to wear out or on weekends, but also be practical about what you will really use.
- Invest in the right tools – Container Store here we come! I’m not saying your pantry has to look like something off of Food Network, but truly if you invest in the organizational tools that are MOST PRACTICAL FOR YOU, you will use them! For me, I wanted boot stands and sweater shelving for my closet. I own lots of cardigans that don’t need to be on hangers and having my boots standing up will save lots of floor room! Just think about what you need.
- Take 1 hr – Just set aside one hour dedicated to de-cluttering and organizing this weekend. Or choose one area of your home you want to tackle this weekend. Then the next weekend, tackle another. It’s all about baby steps! You didn’t have to be immacuately organized by Jan. 1.
I hope these tips helped you if you’re looking to declutter this year! Especially your closet! What helps keep you organized? -xoxo
Happy Monday y’all! As promised, today I am bringing you my current hair routine ft. products from Ouai and L’Oreal!
I was lucky enouch to get this Ouai travel kit in my stocking this Christmas, and these products have easily turned into my new go-tos.
Shampoo + Conditioner:
I wash my hair about every two to three days. I have super long hair and I do like to blow dry it, so I try not to wash every day! To help with oiliness, I’m currently using L’Oreal’s Extraordinary Clay line. It comes with a pre-shampoo hair mask, shampoo and conditioner. The mask is designed to be used on dry hair before shampooing to soak up excess oil. And I have found it does help me stretch my hair washing to every three days!
Since I do blow dry my hair frequently, investing in a quality smoothing product is so important to me! The Ouai smooth spray is the best smoother I have found in a long time! It is light enough to not weigh down my hair, but still does the job of controlling frizz.
Style + Finish:
After blow drying my hair, I have been using the Ouai Texturing Spray to give my hair some extra volume. This is probably my favorite product in the line! It is like a dry shampoo and hairspray in one product, and gives my hair the extra oomf it needs to look great all day.
I also have been really enjoying the Ouai dry shampoo between washes. The one thing I love about this is it doesn’t leave a white film on your hair. I don’t feel the need to wash my hands right after.
Also it’s worth mentioning that all of these Ouai products smell GREAT!
I love trying out new hair products, so if you have any favorites let me know in the comments! -xoxo